Founded in 1930 by Dr. Charles Crawford and Dr. Montgomery Blair, Jr., this practice was one of the first medical offices focused solely on the medical care of infants and children in the Washington area.
Dr. Blair, a native Washingtonian and member of an esteemed American political family, was an early pioneer in the nascent field of pediatrics. His great grandfather, Francis Preston Blair, Sr., was a valued member of President Zachary Taylor’s “kitchen cabinet”. His grandfather, Montgomery Blair, Sr., was a trusted and loyal member of Abraham Lincoln’s war cabinet serving as postmaster general during the Civil War. The family’s original home, across the street from the White House and now known as Blair House, is currently the official residence of visiting foreign dignitaries on official government business. Dr. Blair was a graduate of Harvard Medical School and received his pediatric training from some of the best pediatric minds of the day at the renowned Boston’s Children’s Hospital.